Here at SaferKiwis Limited, you are our focus. We offer our own in house health and safety solutions with an online/offline platform, but we understand that our system might not be what is best for you, so we also work closely with other agencies and businesses to provide you the best processes for your business needs, enabling you to meet the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and its relevant subsidiary regulations.
There is no-one else that works quite like us, and if you need any advice, or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Who are we?
Melissa Rodrigues is the company director and founded SaferKiwis Limited in 2018. She has almost 10 years experience and is passionate about health and safety, believing in practical approaches to help keep workers safe and ensure that employers meet their obligations. She is currently working alongside some major health and safety organisations across New Zealand and is a Certified Partner for HazardCo, member of NZISM (New Zealand Institute of Safety Management) and is a few short months away from completing the New Zealand Diploma in Workplace Health and Safety (level 6). For more information on Melissa, please see our About page.
SaferKiwis Limited has been designed to support you and your business with all your health and safety needs. Here we believe that health and safety, if implemented correctly, can not only keep your workers safe, and business compliant, but it can also REDUCE costs and INCREASE revenue. You could save on ACC premiums, worker sickness/injury payouts, insurance premiums, and improve revenue by maximising business opportunities and cutting down on health and safety related costs by focusing where it really matters.
Let us help you by setting up, servicing, and maintaining your health and safety systems and processes, and if you don’t have any – do not worry! We have options available to get you started. No matter where you are at in your health and safety journey we can help.
- GAP analysis assessments to see where the gaps are in your current processes and offer practical solutions.
- On-going maintenance of your health and safety. All of those pesky reviews, trend analysis, and general administrative tasks we can take care of in house for you, notifying you of anything that requires your attention.
- Workplace/Site reviews and assessments
- SOP (Safe operating procedure) review/creation
- JSA/SWMS/SSSPs/Task Analysis and Risk Assessment support
- Staff talks/presentations on various health and safety topics
- Injury and hazard reporting
- Pre-qualification support
- COVID-19 assessments and general guidance
- and much, much more…
If you are just starting out a great way to get started is by completing one of our free assessments, look for the ‘FREE ASSESSMENT’ button and complete a series of quick answer questions, this provides us, and you, a general overview of what you currently have in place. Once complete it will wing its way to our inbox and you’ll get a report through offering you guidance on where to start.
New Zealanders deserve to be safe at work, we want to help you, and your workers become Safer Kiwis – making sure you, and your workers, go home safe and healthy to their families, every day.
The benefits of working with us
Ever wondered why health and safety is so important? It’s not just to keep you, your workplace and workers safe, it has many other benefits and these are being increasingly recognised as a vital part of any business. Here are some of the benefits below:
- Creating safer working environments, which in turn; reduces injuries and injury-related costs – an organisation that ensures working environments are safe and that the level of risk is as low as practicable save money on medical related costs for workers.
- Improves business opportunities – organisations which develop robust health and safety systems are often preferable to other potential organisations to collaborate with as the level of risk is lower.
- Provides measurable health and safety systems – This enables the organisation to assess its own health and safety systems and see where there are areas for improvement/development.
- Meeting legal requirements – implementing a robust health and safety structure in the workplace ensures that all legal requirements are met.
- Reputation – The above steps ultimately improve the organisations reputation.
Everyone has a responsibility when it comes to health and safety. We’ll do our best to ensure that you meet your obligations and become a better business. We have your interests at heart because we want to protect you.
When to Contact SaferKiwis
SaferKiwis provides advice and guidance with the following health and safety areas in your business:
- Understanding the legislation and regulations that are specific to your business (such as the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, Health and Safety (General Risk Workplace Management) Regulations, hazardous chemicals etc). Interpreting this into easy to follow processes and implementing them in your business.
- Reviewing incidents and corresponding with WorkSafe where required.
- There’s more to health and safety that just safety, we also cover health. We’re linked up with a few occupational therapists across the country, and can recommend some mental health services that you can offer your workers.
- Health and safety systems, processes, issues and reporting in the following areas: COVID-19, responsibilities and inductions, fines and prosecution (however, we’re not lawyers), contractor management, evacuation and emergency, hazards, risks (JSA/SWMS etc), task analysis, incident management, traffic management, SOPs (Safe operating procedures), reporting requirements, committees, audits and much much more…
All of our services are tailored to suit your business, we can adapt and change services as your business needs. We don’t fit your business into our box, we fit in yours.
If you think you could benefit from having a chat with us please click on the ‘contact us’ button below to take you to our contact page. Call or send us a message, we’re always happy to help you get it right.